We spoke to fashion blogger Alexandra Dieck from Lexicon of Style about five items that she cannot travel without.
Traveling is absolutely my favorite hobby but let’s be honest… The packing is not. I am the worst over-packer ever but there are times I really need to limit myself. Rest assured, there are 5 items in my suitcase that I will never leave behind.
- A little black dress – Because you can dress up or down a little black dress with some heels or sneakers no matter where you are! It’s the perfect blank canvas to work with.
- A Lexicon of Style scarf (or any statement scarf for that matter) – A scarf can change up your entire look because you can tie it in so many ways. You can wear it on your head as a headband to be more boho-chic or tie it around your neck if you’re feeling a little more Parisian! The possibilities are endless with this accessory.
- A hat – For those days you just have a bad hair day and need to cover it up! Because let’s be honest… We all have them.
- White button up blouse – The beauty of a white button down is that it can be layered or worn alone. You can pair it with a pair of jeans, layered over a dress, tucked in a high waist skirt, or even tied around your waist! You can see how I tied it to be a strapless top on my travels around New York here.
- Low Block Heel shoes – I never use to be a “kitten heel” girl but I am OBSESSED with low block heel shoes. I think these are absolutely crucial while traveling because they are easy to transition from day to night. Plus, they are very comfortable and easy to walk in. I would suggest packing a neutral or metallic pair that match everything (I consider metallic a neutral ;)).
All of my travel essentials are items that can be used in multiple ways for different occasions while you are out traveling. Not only is it important to be well dressed but also to be creative with your styling. We need to see the versatility in your clothing, especially while we are traveling. You can wear this little black dress with red lips and a neck scarf (pictured below)… Or ditch the hat, wear the button up over the dress, and tie the scarf around your head with a neutral lip to make a more natural/relaxed outfit.
I have just booked a CRAZY few months ahead of me… I will be traveling to Texas, back to NYC, Cabo, Riviera Maya, London, Australia, and Vegas all during January and February and you can read more about my travel experiences over on my blog.
More on Lexicon of Style