NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- TIMING: The Radisson #BoldRedStyle Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Central European Summer Time (“CEST”) on September 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CEST on September 30, 2016 (“Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Carlson Hotels, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Gage Marketing Group, LLC (“Gage”), Teviot Creative Limited (“Teviot”), (collectively Gage, Teviot are “Administrators”), and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, hotel management companies, prize providers and advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and members of the immediate family or persons living in the same household of such individuals, are ineligible to participate or win a prize (“Prize”). Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is void in Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brazil, Burma, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Quebec, Rwanda, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zambia, any country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country, where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating in this Contest, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Contest (individually “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: During the Contest Period follow @radissonred on Instagram and post a photo of you, that best represents your bold fashion style to Instagram with the hashtags #BoldRedStyle and #Contest, plus a photo caption, to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Contest (subject to compliance with the Content Guidelines in Rule 4, below). Limit one (1) Entry per person, per day, however each photo and caption must be unique. YOUR ENTRY MUST CONTAIN BOTH THE REQUIRED HASHTAGS (#BOLDREDSTYLE AND #CONTEST).
You must have an Instagram account to participate in the Contest. In order for your Entry to be valid, your Instagram account must be public and viewable by the Sponsor and its Administrators. If you choose to access Instagram using your mobile device, data rates may apply. Consult your wireless provider for pricing plan details. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
An Entrant may use only one (1) Instagram account to enter. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than allotted number of Entries by using multiple/different Instagram accounts or any other methods, will void all of that Entrant’s attempted Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. By submitting an Entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms to the Content Guidelines set forth herein.
Incomplete, unintelligible entries and entries that do not fully comply with all of the requirements and Content Guidelines set forth herein will be disqualified. Entry is subject at any time to verification by Sponsor. Certain Entries may be used by Sponsor and its agents for socializing and promotion purposes during the Contest Period. Being selected for socializing and/or promotional purposes is unrelated to Judging and does not imply or guarantee selection as a prize winner in the Contest. No correspondence regarding the screening, verification or judging status of Entries will be undertaken by Sponsor.
- CONTENT GUIDELINES: As used herein, “Content” refers to all information, photos, hashtags, captions, descriptions, or other content you submit in connection with your Entry.
Entrants represent and warrant that their Content: (i) is the original work of such Entrant; (ii) has not been previously published; (iii) has not been copied from others; (iv) has not previously won awards; (v) does not violate any rights of any other person or entity (including, but not limited to copyrights, trademark rights, rights of privacy and publicity); (vi) they have permission from any person who’s name or likeness is used in the Content; and (viii) publication of the Content via various media including Web posting will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrants indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties (defined below) from any claims to the contrary. Any Entrant whose Content includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the Entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Administrator, upon request.
By submitting Content, you agree that your Content is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and you grant Sponsor and its agents a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, (including, but not limited to, websites and social media platforms), and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
All Content submitted by you must conform to the additional submission guidelines set forth herein. Your Content:
- Must be in a format acceptable to and comply with the terms for Instagram;
- Must contain a relevant photo, the Contest hashtags (#BoldRedStyle and #Contest) and a photo caption;
- Must be in English;
- Must not contain the likeness of anyone who is or who appears to be under the age of 13, unless entrant has permission of that person’s parent or legal guardian to do so for this Contest. Entrant must have permission from all recognizable people who appear in the Photo, regardless of their ages. If requested, entrant must be able to provide proof of such permission in a format acceptable to Sponsor;
- Cannot contain any personally identifiable information;
- Must NOT include anything which is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), or unnecessarily violent;
- Cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Cannot include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace and does not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity;
- Cannot depict any unlawful, immoral or dangerous act or suggest that any individual should undertake any such act;
- Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
All Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules. Entries that do not meet the Content Guidelines set forth above or in Sponsor’s sole discretion, contain prohibited content, and/or are otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate may be disqualified.
CONTENT POSTED TO ANY WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive any Entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
- CONTEST JUDGING: Between October 3, 2016 and October 6, 2016 a panel of judges will judge all eligible Entries received, based on the following criteria:
A bold fashion style that reflects the Radisson RED brand:
Bold – 25 points
Expressive – 25 points
Authentic – 25 points
Confident – 25 points
- WINNER DETERMINATION: At the conclusion of the Contest Judging, the one (1) Entry receiving the highest score based on the criteria (provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received) will be declared the potential Prize winner. Potential Prize winner is subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the Entrant that received the highest score in “Bold” will be declared the potential Prize winner. If a tie remains thereafter, the entrant with the highest combined score in “Expressive” and “Authentic” will be declared the Prize winner. The Sponsor’s decisions on all matters pertaining to judging, administering and/or interpreting the rules of this Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Prize winner will be notified by a direct message on Instagram and will be asked to provide their email address and residential address. The potential Prize winner will then be sent or emailed a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Form or W8 BEN form and will be required to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Form (U.S. residents will also be required to complete and sign a form W-9) or W8 BEN form within the time period stated in the letter accompanying the Declaration/form. Sponsor/Administrator’s communication to Prize winner will include specific deadlines to complete and return required documents. Noncompliance to return required documents by stated deadlines, return of any prize/prize notification, or if a potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, such potential Prize winner may be disqualified and forfeit prize. In that event the Prize will be awarded to an alternate Entry with the next highest scoring entry, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion (provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received).
- PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Prize – the Prize consists of and is limited to: a $500 C.O. Bigelow Gift Certificate. Gift Certificate is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash and is subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Certificate. A lost, mutilated, or stolen Gift Certificate will not be replaced. Winner is solely responsible for filing all required tax forms and returns and all federal, state and local taxes and other fees associated with Prize receipt and use. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of Prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable law of Sponsors’ and/or Promoter’s jurisdiction and winner’s jurisdiction. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by a winner will be forfeited for which no consideration will be awarded.
U.S. Tax Liabilities: For winners who are residents of countries other than the United States, 30% of the prize value will be withheld by Sponsor and remitted to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to comply with U.S. tax laws.
Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for St. Paul, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in St. Paul, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, visit https://www.radissonred.com/blog/fashion/boldredstylecontestwinner between October 19, 2016 and November 30, 2016.
- SPONSOR: Carlson Hotels, Inc., 701 Carlson Pkwy, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA.
Instagram is registered trademark of Instagram, LLC. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.