RADISSON RED EMERGING MUSIC ARTIST CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- TIMING: The Radisson RED Emerging Music Artist Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Central European Time (“CET”) on June 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CET on July 3, 2017 (“Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY:The Contest is open only to persons who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and are emerging musical artists. For this contest, an emerging musical artist is defined as a person who:
- Is in the early stages of their musical career; and
- Has not established a solid reputation as a musician among producers, critics and agents.
Employees, officers, directors and agents of Carlson Hotels, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Gage Marketing Group, LLC (“Gage”), Teviot Creative Limited (“Teviot”), (collectively Gage, Teviot are “Administrators”), and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, hotel management companies, prize providers and advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and members of the immediate family or persons living in the same household of such individuals, are ineligible to participate or win a prize (“Prize”). Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is void in Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brazil, Burma, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Quebec, Rwanda, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zambia, any country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country, where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating in this Contest, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Contest (individually “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Contest, including, without limitation, Entrant eligibility.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: We are looking for musicians with a talent the world is waiting to hear! During the Contest Period, log on to https://www.radissonred.com/emerging-music-artist-competition/apply/. Once you access the site click the “Enter Now” button and follow the instructions to submit an entry (“Entry”). The Entry must include the following to be valid:
By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree that the submission of an Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation. Entrants grant Sponsor and its agents a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, edit, adapt, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Entry and all Content associated therewith in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, (including, but not limited to, websites and social media platforms), and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes in any way they see fit in perpetuity without limitation and compensation to Entrant. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry or Content, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, or any other methods will void all of that Entrant’s attempted entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Incomplete, unintelligible Entries and Entries that do not fully comply with all of the requirements and Content Guidelines set forth herein will be disqualified. Entry is subject at any time to verification by Sponsor. Certain Entries may be used by Sponsor and its agents for socializing and promotion purposes during the Contest Period. Being selected for socializing and/or promotional purposes is unrelated to Judging and does not imply or guarantee selection as a Prize winner in the Contest.
No correspondence regarding the screening, verification or judging status of Entries will be undertaken by Sponsor.
- CONTENT GUIDELINES: As used herein, “Content” refers to Song, Photo, descriptions, or other content you submit in connection with your Entry. Entrants represent and warrant that their Content:
- Is the work original and created solely by the Entrant. Do NOT submit a song/musical piece that you personally did not create.
- Has not been previously published;
- Is not a cover or remake;
- Has not been copied from others;
- Has not previously won awards;
- Does not violate any rights of any other person or entity (including, but not limited to copyrights, trademark rights, rights of privacy and publicity);
- Is used with permission from any person whose name or likeness is used in the Content and
- Will not infringe on the rights of any third party by being publicized in various media including Web posting and social media.
In addition, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns or controls all right, title and interest in Entrant’s Song. Entrants indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties (defined below) from any claims to the contrary. Any Entrant whose Content includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the Entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Administrator, upon request.
All Content submitted by Entrant must conform to the additional submission guidelines set forth herein. Your Content:
- Must contain one (1) Photo of Entrant performing an original song/music and a link to Entrant’s Song, as set forth in more detail in Rule 4 above;
- Must be in English;
- Must not contain the likeness of anyone who is or who appears to be under the age of 13, unless Entrant has permission of that person’s parent or legal guardian to do so for this Contest. Entrant must have permission from all recognizable people who appear in the Entry, regardless of their ages. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide proof of such permission in a format acceptable to Sponsor;
- Cannot contain any personally identifiable information;
- Must NOT include anything which is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), or unnecessarily violent;
- Cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Cannot include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace and does not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity;
- Cannot depict any unlawful, immoral or dangerous act or suggest that any individual should undertake any such act;
- Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Cannot include logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, with the exception of Radisson Red;
- Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
All Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules. Entries that do not meet the Content Guidelines set forth above, contain prohibited content, and/or are otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
CONTENT POSTED TO ANY WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive any Entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
- CONTEST JUDGING: Between July 12, 2017 and July 14, 2017, a panel of judges will judge all eligible Entries received, based on the following criteria:
- Photo (of Entrant performing their original song/music) – 25 points
- Aligns with the Radisson Red Brand (original, bold, vibrant and exciting) – 25 points
- Unique sound (original, lively, on the pulse of the global music scene across a range of musical genre- we want to feel your heart and soul through your sound) – 25 points
- Lively/good beat – 25 points
- WINNER DETERMINATION: After the Contest Judging, the one (1) Entry receiving the highest score based on the criteria (provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received) will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner. The next two (2) Entries with the highest scores based on the criteria will be declared the potential First Prize winners. Winners are subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the Entrant that received the highest score in “Aligns with the Radisson Red Brand” will be declared the potential Prize winner. If a tie remains thereafter, the Entrant with the highest combined score in “Unique sound and Lively/good beat” will be declared the winner. The Sponsor’s decisions on all matters pertaining to judging, administering and/or interpreting the rules of this Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.If applicable, Sponsor will “gross up” the Prize value for applicable United States withholding taxes as described in section 8 below. Once the potential Prize winner (if a non-U.S. resident) returns to Sponsor the required and properly completed W-8BEN form (for non-U.S. winners, Sponsor will determine the applicable withholding taxes imposed by U.S. law or applicable tax treaty with respect to the value of the Prize and will pay such taxes to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service). Each Prize winner is solely responsible for filing all required tax returns and paying any required taxes pursuant to applicable law based on the value of the Prize received.
- PRIZES: Three (3) Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize consists of and is limited to (a): a check for $1,000 USD made payable to winner; (b) a Radisson Red blog post about the winner and (c) a Radisson Red Spotify playlist inclusion. Two (2) First Prizes – each First Prize consists of and is limited to (a): a check for $500 USD made payable to winner; (b) a Radisson Red blog post about winner and (c) inclusion in a Radisson Red Spotify playlist. There is no monetary value associated with the Radisson Red blog or Spotify playlist inclusion for any Prize.
Potential Prize winners will be notified by email and/or mail. The potential Prize winners will be required to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity/License Form and a W-9 Form (U.S. residents) or W-8BEN Form (residents of all other countries) within the time period stated in the letter accompanying the documents. Sponsor/Administrator’s communication to Prize winners will include specific deadlines to complete and return required documents.
The ARVs listed are prior to the Tax Gross-Up Amount, for non-US residents. For a winner from outside the U.S., if applicable, the Tax Gross-Up Amount will be remitted to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for applicable U.S. withholding taxes payable with respect to a Prize to comply with U.S. tax laws. However, each winner is strictly responsible as condition of the Contest for timely and properly filing all required tax returns.
For U.S. residents, Prizes are taxable income to the winners and all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with the Prize receipt and/or use, if any, are solely the responsibility of winner.
Winners who are not residents of the U.S. may be subject to withholding taxes and are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax.
Any portion of any Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by a winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of Prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize, or component thereof, for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. A Prize must be accepted as awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per Entrant during the Contest period.
Noncompliance to return required documents by stated deadlines, return of any Prize/Prize notification, or if a potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, such potential winner may be disqualified and forfeit Prize. In that event the Prize will be awarded to the Entrant with the next highest scoring Entry, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion (provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received).
Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for St. Paul, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in St. Paul, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, visit https://www.radissonred.com/emerging-music-artist-competition/ between August 1, 2017 and September 1, 2017.
- SPONSOR: Carlson Hotels, Inc., 701 Carlson Pkwy, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Spotify USA Inc.