MINNEAPOLIS #BEREDFIRST CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- TIMING: The Minneapolis Radisson #BeRedFirst Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on November 16, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on January 31, 2017 (“Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Carlson Hotels, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Gage Marketing Group, LLC (“Gage”), Teviot Creative Limited (“Teviot”), (collectively Gage, Teviot are “Administrators”), and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, hotel management companies, prize providers and advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and members of the immediate family or persons living in the same household of such individuals, are ineligible to participate or win a prize (“Prize”). Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is void in Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brazil, Burma, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Quebec, Rwanda, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zambia, any country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country, where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating in this Contest, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Contest (individually “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: Follow @radissonred on Instagram and/or Twitter. Take a photo at the new Radisson Red hotel in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA and post it to Instagram or Twitter during the Contest Period with the hashtags #BeRedFirst and #Contest to receive(“Entry”) Content Guidelines Limit one (1) Entry per person, per day, however each photo must be unique. YOUR ENTRY MUST CONTAIN BOTH THE REQUIRED HASHTAGS (#BEREDFIRST AND #CONTEST).
An Entrant may use only one (1) Instagram or one (1) Twitter account to enter. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram or Twitter account. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than allotted number of Entries by using multiple/different Instagram or Twitter accounts or any other methods, will void all of that Entrant’s attempted Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. By submitting an Entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms to the Content Guidelines set forth herein.
- CONTENT GUIDELINES: As used herein, “Content” refers to all information, materials, photos, hashtags, descriptions, or other content you submit in connection with your Entry.
Entrants represent and warrant that their Content: (i) is the original work of such Entrant; (ii) has not been previously published; (iii) has not been copied from others; (iv) has not previously won awards; (v) does not violate any rights of any other person or entity (including, but not limited to copyrights, trademark rights, rights of privacy and publicity); (vi) they have permission from any person who’s name or likeness is used in the Content; and (viii) publication of the Content via various media including Web posting will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrants indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties (defined below) from any claims to the contrary. Any Entrant whose Content includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the Entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings (other than the Radisson Red in Minneapolis), trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Administrator, upon request.
By submitting Content, you agree that your Content is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and you grant Sponsor and its agents a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, (including websites and social media platforms), and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
All Content submitted by you must conform to the additional submission guidelines set forth herein. Your Content:
- Must be in a format acceptable to and comply with the terms for Instagram or Twitter;
- Must contain a relevant photo, the Contest hashtags (#BeRedFirst and #Contest) and a photo;
- Must be in English;
- Must not contain the likeness of anyone who is or who appears to be under the age of 13, unless entrant has permission of that person’s parent or legal guardian to do so for this Contest. Entrant must have permission from all recognizable people who appear in the Photo, regardless of their ages. If requested, entrant must be able to provide proof of such permission in a format acceptable to Sponsor;
- Cannot contain any personally identifiable information;
- Must NOT include anything which is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), or unnecessarily violent;
- Cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Cannot include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace and does not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity;
- Cannot depict any unlawful, immoral or dangerous act or suggest that any individual should undertake any such act;
- Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Cannot include logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, with the exception of Radisson Red;
- Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
All Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules. Entries that do not meet the Content Guidelines set forth above, contain prohibited content, and/or are otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
CONTENT POSTED TO ANY WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive any Entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
- CONTEST JUDGING: Between February 1, 2017 and February 10, 2017 a panel of judges will judge all eligible Entries received, based on the following criteria:
- Generates excitement and interest about the Radisson Red Brand – 40 points
- Reflects Radisson Red’s brand image – 30 points
- Is fun/inviting/exciting – it makes you want to be a part of the brand – 30 points
The six (6) Entries receiving the highest scores based on the criteria (provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received) will be named the finalists (“Finalists”) and will advance to Public Voting (as defined in Rule 6). In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based upon the highest score for “Generates excitement and interest” and continuing thereafter in each category until the tie is broken. If fewer than six (6) eligible Entries are received, all eligible Entries will advance to Public Voting. Status as a Finalist will be subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Finalists will be notified via Instagram or Twitter direct message if their Entry will be included in the Public Voting.
- PUBLIC VOTING: The Entry submitted by each Finalist selected by the judges will be posted at www.radissonred.com/beredfirst for the purpose of voting by the general public. Beginning 12:00:00 AM CT on February 13, 2017 through 11:59:59 PM CT on February 28, 2017 (“Voting Period”), any person who visits the voting page may submit a vote for his/her favorite Entry (each, a “Voter” and “Vote”) by clicking the “vote” button under the Entry of his/her choice. LIMIT ONE (1) VOTE PER VOTER, DURING THE VOTING PERIOD. Vote tally is not final until verified and approved by Sponsor (or its authorized representatives). Entrants may vote on their own Entry and may ask authentic family, friends and personal contacts to vote for their Entry. Apparent or suspected fraud, cheating, phishing, or spamming, or the use of any unauthorized method or automated system to vote or to widely broadcast or disseminate requests to persons who are not authentic family, friends or personal contacts to vote is prohibited, as is posting content to irrelevant or inappropriate sites to obtain Votes, and, if discovered at any time will void the applicable Votes (as applicable) in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Votes suspected of being generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscriptions (in any and all media) and related sites, Vote exchange/swapping and similar sites (where any Vote is exchanged/swapped for another in an unrelated promotion, or is purchased), incentives, contests or contest not sponsored by Sponsor, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means, and Entries or Votes by any means that subvert the Entry and/or Voting process or does not conform with these Official Rules, will void the applicable Entries and/or Votes (as applicable) in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- WINNER DETERMINATION: At the conclusion of the Public Voting, one (1) potential winner (provided a sufficient number of Finalists were determined) will be determined by the Entry receiving the highest number of Votes. The Finalist with the Entry receiving the highest number of Votes will be declared the potential grand Prize winner. Potential winner is subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the Finalist that reached the tied Vote total first will be declared the potential grand Prize winner. The Sponsor’s decisions on all matters pertaining to judging, administering and/or interpreting the terms and conditions of this Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
- PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize – A Grand Prize consists of and is limited to:
- two (2) Carlson Wagonlit Travel vouchers, good for round trip coach airfare from a major airport near winner’s residence for winner and one (1) guest to Cape Town, South Africa (airports, carrier, seating, and travel times as determined by Sponsor); and 4-day car rental (rental agency as determined by Sponsor, midsize/compact);
- one (1) e-certificate for a three (3) night stay at the Radisson Red Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa;
- one (1) $200 USD voucher for the OUIBar + KTCHN (hotel restaurant); and
- $2,100 USD cash.
ARV of the Grand Prize: $7,000 USD. Actual value of Prize will vary based on fluctuations in airfare, car rental fees and hotel room rates and winner will not receive the difference between actual value and ARV.
U.S. Tax Liabilities: If the winner is a resident of a country other than the United States, 30% of the prize value will be withheld by Sponsor and remitted to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to comply with U.S. tax laws.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel vouchers expire on December 31, 2018, may be redeemed for air fare to Cape Town, South Africa and car rental only, are subject to additional terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions set forth on the voucher and are subject to availability and blackout dates.
Radisson Red e-certificate – expires on December 31, 2018, may be redeemed at the Radisson Red in Cape Town, South Africa with advanced reservations only, are subject to additional terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions set forth on the voucher and are subject to availability and blackout dates.
OUIBar + KTCHN voucher – expires on December 31, 2018, may be redeemed at the OUIBar + KTCHN in the Radisson Red in Cape Town, South Africa only and is subject to additional terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions set forth on the voucher.
Travel (air, hotel and car) must be booked through Administrator or their designee.
Guest must be the legal age of majority in his or her state/province/territory/country of residence, or if not the legal age of majority, winner must be minor’s parent or legal guardian. All other travel-related and other expenses associated with Prize and use, including but not limited to meals not specified, luggage fees, gas, tolls, beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, and incidental personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for having all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., Passport) required for travel. Once trip is booked, any changes made at winner’s request are at winner’s expense.
If the potential Grand Prize winner lives within 150 miles of Cape Town, South Africa, a travel stipend of $500 will be awarded in lieu of airfare and car rental. For winner to use the rental car, winner must be 25 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license/credit card and insurance and will be responsible for any additional costs including gas, upgrade, parking, tolls, etc. Use of rental car is expressly subject to the terms, conditions and policies of rental agency, including age restrictions.
Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen vouchers or e-certificates. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by a winner will be forfeited for which no consideration will be awarded.
No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of Prize or any Prize component permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent).
Potential Prize winner will be notified by a direct message on Instagram or Twitter and will be asked to provide their name, email address and residential address. The potential Prize winner will then be sent or emailed a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Form and/or a W8 BEN Form and will be required to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Form (U.S. residents will also be required to complete and sign a form W-9) and/or W-8BEN form within the time period stated in the letter accompanying the Declaration/form. Sponsor/Administrator’s communication to Prize winner will include specific deadlines to complete and return required documents. Sponsor will “gross up” the Prize winner for applicable United States withholding taxes. Once the potential Prize winner returns to Sponsor the required and properly completed W-8BEN (or W-9) form, Sponsor will determine the applicable withholding taxes imposed by US law or applicable tax treaty with respect to the value of the Prize, and will pay such taxes to the Internal Revenue Service. Sponsor will provide the Prize winner with a Form 1099 or other applicable documentation identifying the full amount of the value of the Prize inclusive of any United States withholding taxes paid pursuant to such “gross up.” The Prize winner is solely responsible for filing all required tax returns and paying any required taxes pursuant to applicable law based on the value of the Prize received (as shown on the Form 1099 or other documentation provided by Sponsor). Failure to return required documents by stated deadlines, failure to return of any Prize/Prize notification, or if a potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, such potential winner may be disqualified and forfeit Prize. In that event an alternate potential Prize winner may be determined, time permitting.
Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for St. Paul, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in St. Paul, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, visit www.radissonred.com/beredfirst between March 15, 2017 and April 30, 2017.
- SPONSOR: Carlson Hotels, Inc., 701 Carlson Pkwy, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA.
Instagram is registered trademark of Instagram, LLC. Twitter is registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.